Friday, March 15, 2013

Bloom Day at Beech Street

It has been a while since I have posted anything so why not make it a Bloom Day. It is even the first one for Beech Street Gardens, by the time I realize that Bloom Day is here I have nothing prepared..........The gardens are really coming to life, but actually there have been plants blooming here for the last couple of months.
I was able to get out and do some work and take photos in the gardens on Wednesday which was a great treat. The day was dry and warm, down right awesome! Had to take off my jacket and sweatshirt, got a little toasty. Had the pleasure of doing lots of clipping, pruning, and raking, it was a feel good moment, "I don't think a lot of people would call it a feel good moment." Anytime to get outside to me is a feel good moment..........Best flowers in the gardens right now all are the Hellebores, they are my favorite this time of year.





















IT'S SPRING IN PORTLAND!

5 comments:

  1. Spring in deed...LOVING IT! Also love the Eucalyptus bloom, at least that's what it looks like to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct.....they have one of the most interesting flowers.

      Delete
  2. Happy spring and happy GBBD! Lots of gorgeous blooms in your garden. The eucalyptus bloom also caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we are all on the roll of spring! Everything looks green and ready to grow - so lush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!! I love the beach street garden! Your euphorbias are stunning!

    ReplyDelete