Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I forgot my Moonflower!



This morning on my way out of the house to go to work I noticed this huge flower bud in my Clematis and Morning Glory trellis. I could not remember planting anything else in that bed. Well, it donned on me earlier this evening after I arrived home that is was a Moonflower vine that I forgot I planted. My goodness, I looked at it later this evening and behold the Moonflower. STUNNING!!!!!!!! My Grandmother in Texas grew them all the time and I have not seen one since I was a kid. The flowers bring back great memories. The flowers are tightly closed buds during the day, opening in the evening and will close in the early morning. Sad thing is they are a one evening flower. If you have the chance to grow them.... you will fall in love. The flowers are about 4"-6" across, pure white and fragrant. USDA hardiness zone 9 to zone 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment