Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Grew Peppers This Summer

Forgot I had taken this picture of a couple of Bell peppers that I grew this last Summer. I usually grow a variety of peppers, my Grandmother grew peppers and everything else. Her favorite pepper to grow was Banana peppers, her and I would sit and eat them while in the garden. Her and my Grandfather also grew Black-eyed Peas, Pinto Beans, Green Beans, Tomatoes, and just a lot of other vegetables. I remember as a kid, having all these great vegetables to eat during the late Fall and Winter. Guess I took it for granted, never really thought how important growing your own food was...........anyway, I grew Hot Hungarian, Nu Mex, Bells in orange, yellow, and red. But of course it was a crap year for vegetables here this year and I mean any vegetable. My peppers did okay because of where I planted them, if it had not been so wet here it would have been a great crop. Maybe this coming season it will be better, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment