Friday, May 27, 2011

Showy Viburnum





I love this Viburnum in the side garden for the fact that it looks like Hydrangea. Love Hydrangea flowers, but are not on my list of plants to grow. High maintenance in a garden does not work for me. I have looked through a couple of books and still not sure what variety this is. In February I discovered a small pink Viburnum in bloom that I had planted which a hummingbird was feeding at it. Saw it from the front window of the house, if I had not spotted the Hummingbird I would have passed over the Viburnum. Beech Street Gardens is like Willy Wonka's candy factory "Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!"
Viburnums are a plant that should be add to gardens. They are drought tolerant, showy flowers, some fruit, others are fragrant, and there are even varieties that will give you beautiful Autumn color.

No comments:

Post a Comment