Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Now That Its Started to Rain

I'm getting my reading material all lined up since the weather is a changing. I have two new books to read about more plants, it never ends (what my Mom says about me)..........Even though I'm far from done outside, Death Valley Shack has been filled with plants from the patio and I even placed a few in the house that were in bloom to enjoy. Getting home in the dark once in awhile means not a lot can be done outside at this time so why not read.


I dove into Bizarre Botanicals first, knowing that there would be plants to admire and there are a few in my collection. Never thought of them as bizarre. If you have the opportunity to look through this book do.......there are a few hardy plants listed that will grow in the Pacific Northwest. Whatever part of the country you are in do take the time to read this book, you might be surprised as to what will grow in your area or what you might want to winter over. The photographs alone are great without even reading about the plants. 

The second book, The Unexpected Houseplant I took an interest in due to the fact that I want to add more plants inside the house. Problem is we do not get a lot of light because the house has very wide eaves. So hopefully this book will show me a few plants that do not require a lot of light. I do have a Squirrel Foot Fern in the kitchen that is doing awesome, but it does not require any sunlight, just low indirect light. Perfect!!!!!

Timber Press is the publisher of both books, these guys never stop with great books on horticultural. I could add a wing to the house just for their publications. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading books with great photos too! :) Hope you have fun reading & using the books. What an awesome name & plant the Squirrel Foot Fern is.

    ReplyDelete