Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hellebore


This open flower is the same Hellebore that I posted on the 22nd of January. The flowers are amazing and beautiful, I will take a group photograph of them when more open up. A nice arrangement is to float several different varieties face up in a shallow bowl of water. I have done this in the past and it is quite beautiful on a table. The reason to float them is to enjoy the colors and patterns since they hold their heads downward in the garden. I do believe that they do not hold up well if cut for stem arrangements. Be sure to get out to the nurseries to see what varieties are out there to purchase and add to your gardens. The big push this year is more of the Winter Jewel group. There were a couple that I saw at the Yard, Garden, & Patio Show this last weekend here in Portland. Should have picked one up, but didn't, my lose.......bought more dwarf conifers instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment