Friday, February 4, 2011

Propagation for fun

Well I have been successful with most of the plants I have been propagating at work. It's like my own science lab........In the picture there is a tray of begonias in the back, two different sessions of starts. In the front tray there are African Violets and Hoyas. The four Violets on the left are from one leaf planting that I did a couple of months ago. I still have that one leaf in another pot and there are four more new plants around it again. I have never seen it bloom and it was not tagged, no idea as to what color or style of flowers are. The Hoyas are rooted, but so slow growing. I have the feeling that it is going to be awhile before they do anything. I have a past posting on the Hoya Carnosa when it was blooming in the greenhouse here in the store. I also have starts of Spider plants, Sansevieria, Sedums, and a few other plants that I'm not sure what they are. Next I'm going to get some cuttings of the huge goldfish plant that is in the greenhouse to propagate. I started two trays of three different heirloom Tomato seeds yesterday and will see what happens, they should be up in about 10 days. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment